Sump Pump Services
The sump pump is the device that can be used in protecting your house or a commercial building from distress and damage that flood can trigger. Here at W.L. Staton Plumbing, you will be helped in selecting the best sump pump that you should use for your property. There are various units which are offering a multitude of benefits to every user. To get the best value for your money, you need to figure out the greatest option for you.
We have our team consisting of knowledgeable plumbers who have years of experience in assisting our customers across the entire Maryland including the nearby areas with the installation or any required repairs. Whether your property does not have a sump pump or the existing one has to be replaced, we recommend that you call us today.
The Importance of a Sump Pump and Its Benefits
A sump pump is the specialized device that is specifically intended to fit within the sump basin that is commonly found in the basement’s corner. This is the circled hole in which the black colored plastic liner that is roughly the same with the size of the 30-gallon garbage container will fit. The water entering your home or any building outside drains in the sump basic instead on the basement ground. The pump will then discharge the water as soon as it reached a specific level and this may happen when the float valve has been activated to send the flood waters in the dry well or in the storm drain apart from the location of the property.
Types of Sump Pumps
A sump pump can be made available in different forms which include the following:
• Pedestal Sump Pumps – these are the systems which have their pumps that were set on the sump basin’s top. This permits instant access to it in case of replacement or repair. The hollow shaft or the pipe is running down to the basin’s bottom where this will pump out the water through the installed impeller machinery.
• Submersible Sump Pumps – these units are the ones that function on the waterproof motor and these are placed right in the sump pit for a noiseless operation.
• Sewage Septic Pumps – in those cases wherein the black wastewater material should be moved up a stage from the basement underneath the ground surface, the sewage sump pump should be utilized. These are the special purpose pumps that grind the garbage in fine slurry which will then pump up into the septic tank.
• Septic Effluent Pumps – these are another special use sump pumps that are utilized to force the liquefied septic fluids over the drain fields.
• Battery Backup – in case of power failure, this would make sure that your unit will continuously do its job.
Common Issues Associated with Sump Pumps
These devices are very useful tools yet people may experience some technical issues when using them. Here are some to name a few:
• Power failures – in terms of some extreme weather conditions, the power may go out, and with no battery backup system, the sump pump may stop functioning as well. This will cause the flood water to come into your property.
• Float valve issues – it is important to ensure that your float valve is free from any obstructions in order to avoid more serious problems.
• Underpowered pumps – when the sump pump has not been intended for some specific needs that your property may have, installation of a new one should be done immediately.
• Frozen or clogged discharge pipe – making sure that your discharge pipes are neat and in good condition helps to avoid extreme issues.
• Worn out pump motors – when the motor wears out, replacement should be considered.
We at W.L. Staton Plumbing are with years of experience in installing various forms of sump pumps for residential and commercial purposes. We are always ready to provide maintenance services, repairs and immediate replacements in case of any issues.